Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

I must say that for the past 18 years Father's Day has been a pretty sad day for me. Not having my dad here is extra depressing on this day every June. One thing that cheers me up is seeing what a great dad Jonathan is to AJ and Eliana. So funny, creative, attentive, loving and patient. They think he is a KING! It's so easy to let the things that drive you crazy about your spouse get to you (especially when you're a type A personality and he's like, type W). I should learn from my kids how to appreciate all those wonderful qualities as much as they do and stop worrying about the small, unimportant stuff that I often let bother me. We had a great weekend. Yesterday we went to Gearfest at church and AJ and Eliana had so much fun climbing all over the fire trucks, tractors, bulldozers, race cars, etc.....and last night J and I went to the movies for the 1st time in forever! Today we went to a birthday party and jumped in one of those bounce houses for hours. They should sleep well tonight. Go Celtics!

No comments: