Friday, December 19, 2008

No School Again!

School was cancelled today because of the impending snow storm. I realize we are supposed to get 12 inches but come on people, where is your hearty New England winter spirit? It hasn't even started snowing yet! We could have got in a half day in order to prevent having to make it up in June. And seriously AJ's preschool gets out at noon so I think we would have been just fine driving to and from considering it's NOT SNOWING yet. I remember as a kid how bad it had to be for school to be cancelled. They act like we live in Florida where there are no snowplows and 2 inches sends them into a state of panic. What a bunch of wimps we've become!!!

3 comments:

GE is me said...

I agree with you. However, it was a)suppose to originally start snowing at 10am & b)after last year's debacle I think anyone related to snow cancellations is overly cautious. But, I totally agree with you. Bill was at Walmart around 11:30am & said it was an absolute zoo. I'm sure everyone was getting their bread & milk. :)
btw- do they really make preschool make it up? or is that only because you've paid for it?

Kristen said...

I was surprised to see so many of the schools either closed or with half-days. They never did that when I was in school! LOL The only time it got cancelled was when that snow was already piled up on the ground.

Anyways, in response to the question about the Andes Mint Chips, the only place I've found them is at the Walmart Supercenter in Raynham. Hopefully that's near you, because they're at a really good price, too. :)

Kristen said...

Hey :) I don't see why the chopped up Andes wouldn't work the same way. Another way that I've done in the past was pour half the brownie batter in the pan, lay the full-size Andes on top, then top it with the rest of the batter. A little mint surprise in the center. :)