Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Rainy Day Recipe

I love soup and I love making it when it's raining outside, like today! Well usually I like it to be rainy and cold for soup and it was 60 today but hey that's New England for you (see previous post with snowman from Sunday) so I will take what I can get. Anyway I thought I'd share this recipe with you. It's simple, especially if you do all the cutting ahead of time and ridiculously healthy for you. Oh and I swear it tastes just like the Olive Garden's.

Minestrone Soup
In a soup pot:
Saute for 5 minutes
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 small diced onion
1/2 c. zucchini
1/2 c. cut green beans
1/4 c. celery
4 chopped garlic cloves
then add:
32 oz. vegetable broth
1-2 cans drained kidney beans
1-2 cans white beans
diced tomatoes
1 c. sliced carrots
2 tbsp. fresh parsley
1 1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. basil
1/4 tsp. thyme
2 bay leaves
3 c. hot water
Boil, simmer for 20 minutes and then add:
4 c. fresh spinach
1 c. shell or any small pasta
Simmer 20 minutes and you're done!

No comments: