Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mouse in the House

Literally. This is so disgusting!!!! And you know what? It's not the 1st time the dirty little rodents have shown their faces. Apparently my very secretive husband killed 2 the other week, one with a grill tool that made the mouse squeal as it was dying (which he threw away immediately afterward) and one with his bare hands while wearing some heavy duty work gloves. He was very proud of himself and I was too except when I asked if he had called an exterminator and he replied "Well I thought I had taken care of it." Um, no. Some of his/her family members have now taken the lead role in searching for food at the Burns house. So today I learned some useful rodent information from Griggs and Browne, which may help you in the future, so take note:

1. Mice like clutter so they can hide and feel safe eating the food they've found on your floor or wherever. So clean out those corners and under the couch and stuff!

2. They can climb stairs.

3. Make sure their are NO spaces in your bulkhead or the little suckers will waltz right in and make your home theirs.

We have some "devices" in place now. Hopefully they'll work quickly and our little friends will die a quick, painless death and never be seen or heard from again.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

it happens to the best of us. It has not been a pretty sight when I've run into those little guys in the past. Screaming like a wimpy sissy girly girl. Yep.

geisme said...

Oh my goodness. Not to say I don't scream when I see them, as they usually startle me. But I've trapped them before & disposed of them as well. They are kind of cute though, as long as they aren't destroying your stuff.